© The Open University Society of Change Ringers Last Updated 23/06/2017 16:55:22
1. The Society shall be called the "Open University Society of Change Ringers".
2. The aim of the Society is to foster ringing among students and their families, and furthering contact via the Open University Students Association.
3. Membership is open to the following:
Full membership - students and staff, past and present and graduates of the Open University. Members can be nominated at any meeting.
Associate membership - immediate families of full members. Members can be nominated at any meeting.
Honorary Membership - those who may not otherwise be eligible for membership but have assisted in supporting the Society in its aims. They may be proposed for election at an AGM by prior notice to the Secretary. An Honorary member shall not be a voting member, no subscription is payable and their status shall be endorsed annually at the AGM
Honorary Life Membership. This title may be bestowed on any paid-up member of the Society who has exceptionally contributed to the Society throughout their years of membership. Candidates for this post shall be initially proposed in writing to the Secretary and after a committee endorsement, the Secretary and nominee will seek membership approval of two-thirds majority of the voting members present at the A.G.M. at which this decision is to be made. If elected at an A.G.M., the Honorary Life Member will be entitled to continued full membership of the Society with no further subscription payments necessary.
4. The following Officers will be elected at each A.G.M. They will be Full Members of the Society.
Ringing Master, Deputy Ringing Master, Secretary and or Treasurer
Two committee members, one of which may be an Associate Member.
5. The A.G.M will be held in November. There will be two other meetings during the year. Notice of each meeting will be announced in The Newsletter. A quorum at the A.G.M. shall be set at 15 voting members.
6. The membership fee will be agreed at the A.G.M. It will also become due at that time. In the event the annual membership fee is changed at the A.G.M, the new subscription will become effective at the next A.G.M 12 months later. A member who has been in arrears for the full year preceding the AGM will be deemed a lapsed member.
7. Peals - Those taking part in Peal attempts must be Members or elected to Membership prior to the start of the attempt. Membership is to be ratified at the next meeting. All peals must conform to the rules of the Central Council of Church Bellringers and a copy of the details sent to the Secretary.
8. A donation to the local tower fund will be made at each tower visited on the day of the meeting.
9. Changes to the rules are to be proposed at the meeting before an A.G.M, to be agreed at the A.G.M by at least two thirds of the membership. Changes are also to be approved by the N.E.C of O.U.S.A.
10. The agenda and minutes of the previous meeting are to be circulated to all members prior to a meeting.
11. The Society will be affiliated to the Open University Students Association (O.U.S.A.) and accepts the decision that in the event of the Society disbanding by committee decision, and after consultation with O.U.S.A., any residue of the accounts shall be equally distributed amongst the paid up membership after all debts and other liabilities have been honoured.
12. Any withdrawal of funds to be signed by two recognised signatories who are Officers of the Society.
The Financial Accounts of the Society shall be approved annually by an independent examiner and shall then be presented by the Treasurer or the Secretary at the A.G.M. for approval.
13. One delegate to be elected to the Societies' Standing Committee.
14. As an affiliated Society, one delegate may be elected to attend the O.U.S.A Conference, or as specified by the O.U.S.A Constitution.